Thread: please dont judge me ! vinnie jones

please dont judge me ! vinnie jones

I watched Vinnie in Russia toughest jobs ( cow boys )

now I realise not only the scale but how we are so far behind in cattle industry why ?

a group of Americans now ranch in Russia , they on.... one.... single farm import from OZ 4500 head of angus each year and this is only the tip

the cattle spend 3 weeks on ship and 30 hours in transit , all because Russia cant get enough beef , are we missing out

Re: please dont judge me ! vinnie jones

A few years ago, the Russians came and bought 2000 head of Limousine heifers, this happened every year for 4 or 5 years. Another 10 years and they'll be sending them back.

You wait to see what the Chinese are up to with imports from Oz and setting up at least two 10,000-head dairy units to begin to satisfy the milk product demand. That also is just the tip of the iceberg. Agri-industry struggles around in UK and there are so many opportunities out there. Bet the Chinese would love some of our lamb as well.

Next they will be ploughing up Africa to feed themselves while the supermarkets are trashing tons of product. Maize cobs fetch 1US$ as Zimbabwe starves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse1 View Post
    You wait to see what the Chinese are up to with imports from Oz and setting up at least two 10,000-head dairy units to begin to satisfy the milk product demand. That also is just the tip of the iceberg. Agri-industry struggles around in UK and there are so many opportunities out there. Bet the Chinese would love some of our lamb as well.

Next they will be ploughing up Africa to feed themselves while the supermarkets are trashing tons of product. Maize cobs fetch 1US$ as Zimbabwe starves.

Doubt it - Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) was once the most fertile/richest land in Africa. There are too many greedy currupt Mugabe millitant types in all of that continent. That is why they starve - not because they dont know how to or dont want to farm, but because they are beaten down and not allowed to. Whilst the west look the other way.
    If in doubt, yank it out!

Quote Originally Posted by le bon paysan View Post
    A few years ago, the Russians came and bought 2000 head of Limousine heifers, this happened every year for 4 or 5 years. Another 10 years and they'll be sending them back.

I'm sure they will realise what terrible cattle they are before 10 years!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wooly View Post
    I can't think of a single comedian from Kent.

Although I believe there's one in Montgomeryshire.

I remember on a trip to Hungary that the Russians had decided that horses were outdated, and had the majority shot. Something to do with a 5-year plan.

But they discovered there weren't enough tractors, or spare parts, or mechanics, or enough fuel (smells like rotten cabbages) to power them.

Who going to get that lot in, who's going to repair the fences and who's going to tag the calves after their born ? Lims... if they're not running away from you they're running after you !
    Come and stay in the Welsh hills, http://www.holidaycambriancoast.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Nithsdale Farmer View Post
    Doubt it - Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) was once the most fertile/richest land in Africa. There are too many greedy currupt Mugabe millitant types in all of that continent. That is why they starve - not because they dont know how to or dont want to farm, but because they are beaten down and not allowed to. Whilst the west look the other way.
    My wife does a lot of work in Uganda. I hardly dare say so, in fact even though I've just come in from the pub, I'm more than a bit reticent, but it is similar there. Sad!
    Silos, tanks, - and much more! www.mickmoor.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Nithsdale Farmer View Post

Spent a lot of time in Namibia once you cross the red line from white southern farmer country into the north part the villages and local farmers are all majority black but once you get into the bigger towns all you see is Chinese. The Chinese are doing there best to buy land from the government in the north as the whites will not sell to them in the south and if they do they want extortionate prices. Where i stayed the next door neighbour farm had over 15,000 head of sheep and 8000 head of cattle and somewhere in the region of 120,000 hectares from the prairies right into the desert. The UK and Ireland cannot compete in scale the only way in my opinion would be high intensity cattle factories where they never see the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by tcf View Post
    I watched Vinnie in Russia toughest jobs ( cow boys )

now I realise not only the scale but how we are so far behind in cattle industry why ?

a group of Americans now ranch in Russia , they on.... one.... single farm import from OZ 4500 head of angus each year and this is only the tip

the cattle spend 3 weeks on ship and 30 hours in transit , all because Russia cant get enough beef , are we missing out
    Which episode was it? The series has just started here.