Thread: Whats price of scrap these days??

Whats price of scrap these days??

Having a good tidy up and got a load of light and heavy to go, whats trade doin ??

Re: Whats price of scrap these days??

Not weighed mine in yet but took some batteries last month about 15 mostly 663 size but a couple of 622's as well they weighed them in at 338kg and paid me 170ish

I phoned emr the other day for a 40 yard skip to put my roofs in that blew away once I get them gathered up and they said 170 ton that's central Scotland

Whats this new law thats just come in all about? I have been told i have to have a licence now to be able to take scrap to the likes of EMR and it'll cost me 500 for 3 years Can't be right surely if its your own scrap ?

Quote Originally Posted by Spotty Dog View Post
    Whats this new law thats just come in all about? I have been told i have to have a licence now to be able to take scrap to the likes of EMR and it'll cost me 500 for 3 years Can't be right surely if its your own scrap ?
    Just borrow an old transit and run it in.

As far as I know you are ok running your own scrap as it is classed as a by product. You would need a waste transfer licence for running other peoples.

or you go there and say your iliterate so you cant read the cheque and they pay you cash !! Thats what our local scrap man does !!

140 collected from south cumbria , was 200 about 4 yr ago

Mixed scrap. 156. Yesterday, York.

180 on tuesday, that was mixed fencing wire, tin sheets etc but they put it through as heavy.

Took it down to EMR in the dump trailer, you don't need a licence if it's your own however the driver does need a photo driving licence.

Quote Originally Posted by essexpete View Post
    Just borrow an old transit and run it in.
    Remember to think of a lame excuse not to pay yourself,and steal a few of your own tools while your at it
    oh and don't forget to start a bonfire with some car tyres
    maybe 'borrow' some electric cable on the way home
    I think that just about covers it

The bosses wife took a load into the yard the other day, they weighed it in but wouldn't pay her cos she didn't have photo ID. She's quite old and doesn't have a photo licence. Her father has an account there so she put it on that and they made the cheque out in his name!

The local scrappy who goes round with his tranny, has a waste licence and an account at the yard gets paid no trouble. The fact that half of what's in his van is nicked doesn't seem to come into it........crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by MR NODDY View Post
    The bosses wife took a load into the yard the other day, they weighed it in but wouldn't pay her cos she didn't have photo ID. She's quite old and doesn't have a photo licence. Her father has an account there so she put it on that and they made the cheque out in his name!

The local scrappy who goes round with his tranny, has a waste licence and an account at the yard gets paid no trouble. The fact that half of what's in his van is nicked doesn't seem to come into it........crazy!
    They say with the waste licence you can only collect and weigh it in for that area? so say he collects in one county and weighs it in in another county that's illegal? I doubt many of these transit drivers will loose any sleep of that minor detail

Local chap that does banger racing says its messed that all up too something about the banger car has to be registered to the driver/owner of the towing/transporting vehical? or something like that anyway? unless they have one of these waste carrier licences which they will then need multiple as traveling to different venues etc?

If you have a VAT number you don't need any id I think? as that's enough. but then tax man will take x number of % of it at end of the year depending on your profit for the year

Quote Originally Posted by timhaven View Post
    Remember to think of a lame excuse not to pay yourself,and steal a few of your own tools while your at it
    oh and don't forget to start a bonfire with some car tyres
    maybe 'borrow' some electric cable on the way home
    I think that just about covers it
    Not quite, he'd need to remove his tax disc, tip a load of rubbish in someone's gateway too, not to mention leaving a pile of excrement near his house.

sent dad witha load of light and got 115 a tonne !! was fun squashing old galv water troughs! tougher than you think !even put an old combine tank on, thats took some flattening!!

heavy today 170 !

some people pay up to 100k for around 8 tonnes of scrap!!!
    In God we trust. ALL others pay CASH!!!!!