Thread: rear discharge muck spreaders

rear discharge muck spreaders

Thinking of changing our old k two muck spreader. Seen alot in the paper s. Saying new gearbox etc. Is this a common problem. I haven't layed a spanner on our old girl. I.m worried we could end up buying a machine done more work than ours. Now onto makes. Bunnings. Samsung seem to have bed chain problems. seen a nice richard western on eBay. Or a k two. All thought s please

Re: rear discharge muck spreaders

its big stones that wreck them , knocking teeth out the gears , if you can keep stones out of the dung you shouldnt have a problem , but if your hiring or contracting with one it would amaze you the size of some of the stones that get into dung

I don't think Samsung make muck spreaders. Bunning are a good hard spreader in my opinion, they have only 2 floor chains rather than 4 on your K2 or Richard Western, but they are BIG strong chains.

Smile Re: rear discharge muck spreaders

We have a Bunning 105 compact with wide body augers for contracting ,very well built machine,no problems in 3 years with the odd stone here and there .

richard western have just redesigned there delilah muck spredder and there 10t+ machine now has a heavier gearbox on it as well as some other changes

just out of intereset anybody bought or priced a spreader lately say like the size of a bunning 75?

Quote Originally Posted by beacons boy View Post
    Thinking of changing our old k two muck spreader. Seen alot in the paper s. Saying new gearbox etc. Is this a common problem. I haven't layed a spanner on our old girl. I.m worried we could end up buying a machine done more work than ours. Now onto makes. Bunnings. Samsung seem to have bed chain problems. seen a nice richard western on eBay. Or a k two. All thought s please
    I have a 2004 k2 1000 here from new and I too have bursted the gearbox , cement blocks did the trick , however a lot of muck and stones have gone out through this machine , the cam clutch works well , k2 started putting in much heavier gearboxs back 7 or 8 yrs ago , so they seen the light.

Always used K2 and have never had a problem

agri hire look a very good spreader imo, same gearbox as rw only two massive bedchains, no extra gubbins up front to collect heaps of poo and very heavy adjustment on chains, look well over engineered without being complicated

http://agrihire.co.uk/index.php/hire/muckspreaders

and they build and use them thereself

Quote Originally Posted by polarbear View Post
    We have a Bunning 105 compact with wide body augers for contracting ,very well built machine,no problems in 3 years with the odd stone here and there .
    Bunning or Ktwo I reckon.

Bunning have been at the game long enough now, you can see it in their design. Solid contractors machine, no messing.

If you want to spend big money and have the Rolls Royce Samson are your lot.

Best advice I can give is stick with the k two. At work we had a Richard Weston it was high maintenance and gearbox broke. Traded in for a second hand k two that had previously been owned by contractor so had seen some work. Apart from routine bed tensioning been very good, ran it for 7 years, just traded for another second hand k two, hope it will be as good. Who uses your spreader will make a big difference to maintenance and reliability as rear discharge spreaders do not go well with abusive operators. We used to hire ours out and the bed always seemed to need tensioning on return, now it only goes out with an operator and maintenance is greatly reduced. I think people run the bed too fast to get the muck out fast when its on hire to get the most done in the time, with the bed going faster than the rotors can take it you just prematurely stretch the chain.
    The Bunning looks a well made spreader but I've not seen one after It's had a few years use. The bed chains are well chunky, but then, with only half the number they do need to be twice as big.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I think its abit of a mine field out there. Problem is in 7 good days you will do all our muck. But the convenience of having your own spreader is priceless

Quote Originally Posted by valtraman View Post
    just out of intereset anybody bought or priced a spreader lately say like the size of a bunning 75?
    did you ever get a price? 6ton model is about 13k

Quote Originally Posted by Fzs View Post
    did you ever get a price? 6ton model is about 13k
    we bought a shelbourne reynolds powerspread in the end,very pleased with will spread anything from slurry to dry muck,possibly makes a more even spread than a rear discharge.