Thread: Anyone got one?

Anyone got one?

Looking for a new loader tractor around 100hp. Like the look of the massey 5610 but not sure about the 3 cylinders or the chain on the pick up hitch. Anyone got anything good or bad to say about them?

Re: Anyone got one?

Quote Originally Posted by Valtra man View Post
    Looking for a new loader tractor around 100hp. Like the look of the massey 5610 but not sure about the 3 cylinders or the chain on the pick up hitch. Anyone got anything good or bad to say about them?
    haveone on our livery department , good simple tractor and quicke/mf loader built well . Only fault should have ordered 16.9 x34 tyres or similar as is a little on the low side when you see where the pick up hitch is. Not sure on the hitch itself yet but works Fine so far . You don't get much all brand new for 30 ish k nowadays!!!

When you say you don't get much, do you mean gizmo wise or power wise? I was wondering how something only 75hp on the pto would handle the power demand of the dynashift with heavy loads on the hills but also how the three cylinder held back engine wise going down them. Sounds like you are getting on ok but I'm not sure I've been offered the best deal if you got yours for 30k. I was told the list price was 60 odd so was thinking it was more like 40 before adding the loader going on my calculations for my PX..

When you say you don't get much, do you mean gizmo wise or power wise? I was wondering how something only 75hp on the pto would handle the power demand of the dynashift with heavy loads on the hills but also how the three cylinder held back engine wise going down them. Sounds like you are getting on ok but I'm not sure I've been offered the best deal if you got yours for 30k. I was told the list price was 60 odd so was thinking it was more like 40 before adding the loader going on my calculations for my PX..
    Sorry was referring to anything in farming for 30k .... We have pulled a few (5) loads of hay and straw on main roads which carry 27- 8ft Heeston bales seems fine but don't expect to do it at break neck speed . Pv Dobson have one complete x demo for 40 k with loader , have a look on web , we should of paid more for bigger tyres which would bring it up to about 36500 from recollection - all little xtras soon up the final price . Hardest work ours will get is stacking haylage of the wrapper other than that itll do an hr a day

Thanks for that, I haven't definitely decided on one yet but it's pretty high up the list. Other options are case farmall 95/105u, claas arion 410, john deere 5 series or another valtra .

No brainer. Go for the Valtra every time!!

Quote Originally Posted by MR NODDY View Post
    No brainer. Go for the Valtra every time!!
    Can't say I've had a days trouble with any of ours but a neighbour didn't have the same experience so I'm keeping my options open. The valtra is more hp than the massey but also more money. My heart tells me valtra but the bank balance is struggling to agree.

Can't say I've had a days trouble with any of ours but a neighbour didn't have the same experience so I'm keeping my options open. The valtra is more hp than the massey but also more money. My heart tells me valtra but the bank balance is struggling to agree.
    be very care full we did the same 3 years ago went for a blue one sold it at 2 .5 years couldn't put up with it any longer cost lot more than the valtra in the end never mind the 20ltrs a day more fuel but never had mf is it the valtra engine in it

I liked the look of this at the local dealers open evening. Know someone who's had one and he said it seems underpowered, but I guess it depends what you want it for.
    Demo or go see someone who has one if it's a serious contender.

It's the same 3 cylinder engine in the massey as the Valtra but I'm more inclined to go for the 111 hp 4 pot Valtra. So it would be a different engine but could be the same as the bigger massey's, I'm not sure.
    Demo of the massey would be the way to go I suppose.

i know when we looked we found you got a lot les with the mf as standed but thats going back to 2004 now valtra cost more

Anyone got or know anything about a deutz 5100?

Anyone got or know anything about a deutz 5100?
    The smaller deutz are more of a same which I wouldnt like , secondhand deutz are hard sold , I wouldnt consider a deutz at any price.

Interesting, thank you. I 'thought' the 5100's were made in Germany not Italy like the agrotron but if re sale is a problem then it's definitely something to consider. Looks like it's the Massey or Class arion 410..

Interesting, thank you. I 'thought' the 5100's were made in Germany not Italy like the agrotron but if re sale is a problem then it's definitely something to consider. Looks like it's the Massey or Class arion 410..
    If you think resale value on the deutz is a problem why are you looking at the class , you will lose your shirt on it, if you dont want to blow a pile of money stick with the valtra. It has a much better shuttle for loader work as well

The valtra is quite a bit dearer and I'm struggling to justify the extra on something that will primarily be carting bales around all its life. The Massey is relatively high spec for what it is and doesn't need add blue so is very tempting.

What are you trading in , do you need a new tractor for this work , a 5 yr old valtra will probably last longer than a new massey , I bought the 6400 19 yrs ago , plan was to change it after 5 years because it might give trouble , at 5 yrs old it hadnt given a bit of bother so I kept it and bought another bigger valtra, I still have it today working away as new , 13000hrs later , I have no intention of changing it , it got its first clutch a few mts ago , a neighbour who is a massey man laughed at me when I bought it as he bought a new 390t , he has changed 3 times since and has spent a lot of money on repairs and has had repayments every year since ,i havnt had a repayment on this tractor for 14 yrs, so who is the better off .

Its a valtra I'm trading in. Never given us a days trouble either but a neighbour had constant problems with his, over heating and electrical faults. It seems they all could break down hence looking elsewhere. 6 - 8 k saving on such a small tractor has to be 'considered' surely?

Quote Originally Posted by James d geoghegan View Post
    The smaller deutz are more of a same which I wouldnt like , secondhand deutz are hard sold , I wouldnt consider a deutz at any price.
    What a load of tosh. Just swapped our K430 for less than 7 per clock hour, got the new 5120 on Monday and very happy with it. As a side point our K430 has already gone over the water to holland. Neighbour swapped his M625 for a 6160P that hasn't arrived yet and dealer is wanting the 625 before it comes to satisfy his export man.

That sounds promising, I looked at a 5120 and liked it. It's a 5110 I'm waiting for a price on. Same hp as the Valtra with simular gizmo's. How do you get on with the four wheel braking? We've got steep banks here so it sounds good but a little concerned that 4 wheel drive doesn't automatically operate on braking..

What a load of tosh indeed. But, what else would you expect from James..........

Is a Same virtus exactly the same as the deutz 5 series?

Is a Same virtus exactly the same as the deutz 5 series?
    Virtus is specced different to 5 series, so check spec.

That sounds promising, I looked at a 5120 and liked it. It's a 5110 I'm waiting for a price on. Same hp as the Valtra with simular gizmo's. How do you get on with the four wheel braking? We've got steep banks here so it sounds good but a little concerned that 4 wheel drive doesn't automatically operate on braking..
    Only had it 3 days and not done a lot, but had it leading slurry today and I love it, very smooth, brakes tip top, lots of poke and looks very frugal on juice. But like I say only had it 3 days but early signs are it's a step up from the K series which also was a bomb proof tractor.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmersfriend View Post
    What a load of tosh. Just swapped our K430 for less than 7 per clock hour, got the new 5120 on Monday and very happy with it. As a side point our K430 has already gone over the water to holland. Neighbour swapped his M625 for a 6160P that hasn't arrived yet and dealer is wanting the 625 before it comes to satisfy his export man.
    The deutz are that good that they are exported , why will no locals by them .

Quote Originally Posted by Redrock Superflow View Post
    What a load of tosh indeed. But, what else would you expect from James..........
    I tell it as it is , over here small deutz tractors are hard sold and are known to be a middle of the road tractor for reliability , the bigger tractor from 120hp /165 are a really good machine and are better than most other makes , I buy one no problem at all but leave the smaller ones where they are .

The deutz are that good that they are exported , why will no locals by them .
    Who gives a toss as long as I can run a tractor for sensible money and have good reliability and a dealer that looks after us. We also run an Agrofarm 420GS and it too is ultra reliable for us The trouble is there is too much of "my uncles sisters boyfriends cousins auntie says"........ Neighbours both sides and across from us all run Deutz tractors and we all have done so for many years.