Thread: mchale998 probs

mchale998 probs

we have a mchale 998 wrapperthat stops rotating after about 40 bales, then if left a while, usually whilst we fiddle with everything we can think of it it will work again for another 20 or so ,then repeat procedure just had box checked at kings, they had it on test rig all day and couldn't get it to fail. replaced the plug and the solenoid on the motor.which seemed to help for a while but then same again, anyone any ideas

Re: mchale998 probs

i pulled one for a year for a contractor and had the exact same problem,if my memory serves me correct there is a sensor inside the cover on the front left hand side (as your stood behind the wrapper) which has a led light on it,pretty sure it was something to do with this but i will double check if i can get hold of the chap that fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by sfceddie View Post
    i pulled one for a year for a contractor and had the exact same problem,if my memory serves me correct there is a sensor inside the cover on the front left hand side (as your stood behind the wrapper) which has a led light on it,pretty sure it was something to do with this but i will double check if i can get hold of the chap that fixed it
    that would be great, you mean the cover round the hydraulic valve block , must admit never noticed a led under there , but will go have a good look thanks

Is that the little black box with the led that changes from red to green? Mate had trouble with his and they did some sort of mod that involved changing the box

yes thats the cover,i think the sensor is tucked away right in the top corner if i remember correctly

in the triangle between Bath, Bristol and Swindon!

there are little magnets on the top satellite so the bale isnt dropped or anything while the satalites are in the way, check them..?

I have heard of the spool block area behind the cover overheating and people removing the cover and running like that to keep it a bit cooler. Ours was bought second hand and already had the cover removed. Is it not rotating at all or will it work on manual.

Quote Originally Posted by MR NODDY View Post
    I have heard of the spool block area behind the cover overheating and people removing the cover and running like that to keep it a bit cooler. Ours was bought second hand and already had the cover removed. Is it not rotating at all or will it work on manual.
    won't work in manual either , does that rule the led box thingy out