Thread: Six cows killed as car ploughs into milking herd crossing the road.

Six cows killed as car ploughs into milking herd crossing the road.

http://t.co/mk2iiLMcVz (farmers' guardian)

Some poor bugger not far from me has had six cows killed by some twat who ploughed into the herd at speed as they were crossing over the road, two killed outright, four with legs hanging off had to be shot at the scene, must have been going at some speed to do that, once had an idiot run into mine at at least 40 and whilst if fecked his car and skittled the cows they all got up again and survived.

in the triangle between Bath, Bristol and Swindon!

Re: Six cows killed as car ploughs into milking herd crossing the road.

just before 7am... one of these office clowns whose morning comute takes 50 mins, so they leave 40 mins before having to be at work and drive like a tit..... absolute idiot..!

Quote Originally Posted by matbrojoe View Post

Some poor bugger not far from me has had six cows killed by some twat who ploughed into the herd at speed as they were crossing over the road, two killed outright, four with legs hanging off had to be shot at the scene, must have been going at some speed to do that, once had an idiot run into mine at at least 40 and whilst if fecked his car and skittled the cows they all got up again and survived.
    Bet the doc didn't shoot the Tw@t

Making the Assumption this wasn't on a main road round a blind corner or anything stupid like that - this totally begs belief! They need to start naming and shaming these morons and making people more responsible for their actions!

I've given up risking my life by expecting people to stop for my cows out of common sense and decency, i just block the road with the tractor before i open the gate.

Very lucky no one was killed. Would have been a lot more interesting if it was a tractor or forager etc crossing the road, they would have been removing the driver of the Vectra from the wreckage with a sieve.

One thing I would say if you are crossing cattle in the hours of semi-darkness for christ sake wear a high vis and make sure you have something/someone to warn drivers in both directions.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest. We have crossed a main road for 70 years & believe me all the idiots I have seen in my years first with my dad & then once I took over!!
    On the pavement right in the gateway of a kids playing area, running the cows infront of the car, even being waved down they pretend it's our fault. Ended up making a new crossing directly opposite a gateway on a straight part of the road. But even this doesn't stop cars running into the fence tape we run across. So now also put either the tractor or loadall with hazard lights going on the road too.

Had police out numerous times, even with independent witnesses yet they never took any cases further than calling round to have a chat with them. Best was one driver who claimed he couldn't recall running them several hundred yards infront of his car. Nearly making them jump on top of a waiting, stationary vehicle in the middle of them & YES you can guess, nothing happened. Woman in said car was terrified.

But if the farmer in this story has done one thing wrong then I bet the police will come down on him like a ton of bricks!!!

I know, I broke the windscreen on one such idiot....... By accident of course

Welcome to the law of the land

Some poor bugger not far from me
    Dreadful situation and I did check the map when I read about it. Don't know what to say, the thought of those poor cows is just too much

I feel sorry for the Farmer & the Cows
    Pity it wasn't the driver with legs hanging off
    Some years ago I did Silage run while one off the boys went to the Dentist
    As I was indicating to turn off the main road the Nine O'clock pips went on the radio

Later in the day I went into the office - who was driving plate ***** why - Mrs C next village up in a very bad mood she was behind the driver who didn't let her past ( single lane road then) & she had been repromanded for delivering her child late for school
    Farmers have to be blamed for everthing
    Xlandman

Very sad for the cows and could have been a lot worse if the farmer or staff had been hit. Would it not be easier and safer to have a tunnel under the road to walk the cows through?

Quote Originally Posted by Einstien View Post
    Making the Assumption this wasn't on a main road round a blind corner or anything stupid like that - this totally begs belief! They need to start naming and shaming these morons and making people more responsible for their actions!
    believe he was actually overtaking the cars that had stopped while the cows crossed , now beat that one !

I do not know all the details, but as far as I know a motorcyclist in the west riding was killed running in to a tractor and trailer crossing the road. The tractor driver was arrested.
    Another instance, one of our customers is on the old A1 now used as a ractrack by motorcyclists. His father was crossing the ceentral reservation in full view, quite legally. The motorcyclist was in little bits, it was thought hee was doing well over 100mph. Customers father was held reespoonsible and lost his license for a year.

Jack Caley

Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
    believe he was actually overtaking the cars that had stopped while the cows crossed , now beat that one !
    I've had that happen on several occasions, but the drivers drove their cars at me rather than the cows and attempted to run me over when i tried to flag them down.

first two that did that the police wouldn't do anything as there were no witnesses, well, there were loads in the other cars but i didn't know who they were, third time i had a witness, but the police dropped the case because the car's owner said he wasn't driving and they couldn't find the guy he said was driving. when i spoke to the traffic processing office about it they accidentally gave me the driver's name. it took me all of a minute to find his facebook page which gave blow by blow accounts of his every move

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    I do not know all the details, but as far as I know a motorcyclist in the west riding was killed running in to a tractor and trailer crossing the road. The tractor driver was arrested.
    Another instance, one of our customers is on the old A1 now used as a ractrack by motorcyclists. His father was crossing the ceentral reservation in full view, quite legally. The motorcyclist was in little bits, it was thought hee was doing well over 100mph. Customers father was held reespoonsible and lost his license for a year.

Jack Caley
    That first is probably the one that happened just minutes up the same main road my cows cross. Luckily the tractor driver was totally road legal so be aware that they went through his machinery with a fine tooth comb looking for a chance to blame him!!
    Any one who wants to view idiots at first hand feel free to walk my cows across the road & look in disbelief.
    I even have a full highway council erected red triangle cow sign 10 yards in front of my crossing yet still get abuse for not having any signs up.

I know its hassle & expense but has anyone considered a couple of cheap film camera's http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Full-HD...item233fef07dd Hard evidence is the only way of getting some change IMO.
    Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by skoda View Post
    I know its hassle & expense but has anyone considered a couple of cheap film camera's http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Full-HD...item233fef07dd Hard evidence is the only way of getting some change IMO.
    I use my mob, that gets enough reaction

Sheila posted this on twitter which is apparently the cows' owner's response to 'idiotic comments' about the incident on facebook.

https://twitter.com/SAEvans66/status/514717428967018496

Haven't seen said idiotic comments as i might either put a hammer through the computer, or feel compelled to track these muppets down and drop a round bale on their cars as a service to road safety.

we take our cows down the road most days.. glad it's not a main road, there's enough impatient twots as it is... what a horrid situation, I hope the driver learns from this