Thread: new holland

new holland

are these tractor really this bad just had quote pricing it at 30k paid 58k 2.5 years ago done 3000 hours never in my life have i lost so much on a tractor . the avg on the ones swapped in the last 10 years as been 4k look like i will have to keep this bag of crap longer

i will never have new holland on the farm again rant over

how do you lot find them
    Last edited by valtrarule; 28-03-13 at 10:12 PM.

Re: new holland

What model have you. . Did you buy it new. Would you not sell it direct your self . Lots of farmers looking for good s/h tractors

6040 elite new

Seems to be the way they are . A contractor friend is in a similar position , but he's had a number of expensive repairs as well . New Hollands are nice to drive , and assembled in the UK ( to their credit ) but it doesn't help if you pay too much for them .
    The views posted are mine and not those of my employers

We were offered between £32-42k for our 6080,Practically everything on it 650 tyres,front links+pto,50k,air brakes with only 1350hrs on it and immaculate,ended up selling it myself.We paid £60k when we bought it.Don't think it matters what breed you try and trade in as most dealers will phone some of the traders to get a price and the trade will only offer peanuts,can't understand why dealers can't retail tractors themselves especially as low hrs as ours.

are you sure you paid £58 k for it or was that the list price.

last year we swapped a valtra in paid 31500 for her put 4800h on her in 4 years got 29500 for her thats just one out of the last 5 we have swapped so was very shocked with the NH

Quote Originally Posted by kildare View Post
    are you sure you paid £58 k for it or was that the list price.
    Nail on head. He 'thinks' he paid that much for it which is why he 'thinks' he lost so little on the previous one.
    © The Duck 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Nail on head. He 'thinks' he paid that much for it which is why he 'thinks' he lost so little on the previous one.
    no bought out right its a got loader on it so no nails in head or (thinks)

the valtra i put on was for another tractor not nh

sorry lust dug invoice out was 53k

Quote Originally Posted by HAM135 View Post
    We were offered between £32-42k for our 6080,Practically everything on it 650 tyres,front links+pto,50k,air brakes with only 1350hrs on it and immaculate,ended up selling it myself.We paid £60k when we bought it.Don't think it matters what breed you try and trade in as most dealers will phone some of the traders to get a price and the trade will only offer peanuts,can't understand why dealers can't retail tractors themselves especially as low hrs as ours.
    Low hours are harder to sell because you want top money for it, 'because it's low hours'. But with Warranty and cheap finance can be not much more for new. Or they bid you in the balls for it, but are retailing against ex hire/demo units that were purchased for a LOT less. So still no profit, just a lot of money sitting on the front.

Second hand tractors have took bit of hit lately, Valtra deals seem good, good offers on other makes as well by Valtra dealers, but I just bought NH because last couple Valtras been too unreliable, hopefully they will be better when I change next one as that should be a Valtra!
    Remember as long as the makers stick together & all build shite they keep the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by HAM135 View Post

Its strange. Tractor looked like new. Would have thought dealers would be desperate for tidy low houred tractors. What did you change it for?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot & sons View Post
    Second hand tractors have took bit of hit lately, Valtra deals seem good, good offers on other makes as well by Valtra dealers, but I just bought NH because last couple Valtras been too unreliable, hopefully they will be better when I change next one as that should be a Valtra!
    Remember as long as the makers stick together & all build shite they keep the status quo.
    what age valtras have you had trouble with

dealers do not want second hand tractors, whence why offering shit trade in prices, they can't shift the old stuff

Quote Originally Posted by vinnie123 View Post
    dealers do not want second hand tractors, whence why offering shit trade in prices, they can't shift the old stuff
    that make sense as the last one we swapped was on there web sight for 6 mouths but will they still sell the new ones if px no good we wont be swapping

About 5 years, 4 years & 2.5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot & sons View Post
    About 5 years, 4 years & 2.5 years.
    as the older one been better we have found the newer they are the more problems we have had but normally sorted on warranty we use to find them bomb proof

Quote Originally Posted by prongy View Post
    Low hours are harder to sell because you want top money for it, 'because it's low hours'. But with Warranty and cheap finance can be not much more for new. Or they bid you in the balls for it, but are retailing against ex hire/demo units that were purchased for a LOT less. So still no profit, just a lot of money sitting on the front.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnie123 View Post
    Some clues in the posts above. A lot of farms I suspect will be holding back on capital expenditure this year, for reasons painfully obvious. Add to that the fact the export trade is not what it was due to a weaker Pound and a dealer runs the risk of being stuck with a yardfull of second hand tractors. Remember he won't get a significant chunk of the profit on his dealings with you until he's sold your trade-in (and probably had to take some old nacker in turn from whoever buys it).

So in all probability he's looking to move your tractor on immediately to an underwriter. Gets his money quickly, but the other party obviously needs to make a margin too, hence further reducing the price you get offered. Sorry.

This underwriting thing seems to be brand specific . It seems strange that a dealer who is an agent for a brand can sell new stuff easily enough , but can't take a trade in from the same brand without getting it underwritten by the trade .
    The views posted are mine and not those of my employers

Quote Originally Posted by deere2140 View Post
    This underwriting thing seems to be brand specific . It seems strange that a dealer who is an agent for a brand can sell new stuff easily enough , but can't take a trade in from the same brand without getting it underwritten by the trade .
    That ia why there are some substantial back street non brand specific traders these days. Lloyds,Rickerby's etc don't have them many second hand tractors about considering the number of new ones they sell,they don't want to know or have the hassle.

so why change to new Holland? I know you say you had trouble with the valtras yet you say your going back to them again, what makes you thnk there any better now, and that there not going to lose a hat full of money like your saying the new Holland has, you try and sell it for what you want then and see how long your still got it for, along long time I bet, so what makes you think dealers wont be sitting on it along time as well.

The last NH we had bought new (TM150) cost 32k kept it for an age ran up over 8,000hrs, p/x`ed for a 6090 they offered me 14.5k for it which I thought was pretty good, it was a basic spec RC, mech spools and would have needed tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by ford 7840 View Post
    so why change to new Holland? I know you say you had trouble with the valtras yet you say your going back to them again, what makes you thnk there any better now, and that there not going to lose a hat full of money like your saying the new Holland has, you try and sell it for what you want then and see how long your still got it for, along long time I bet, so what makes you think dealers wont be sitting on it along time as well.
    not shore if this is for me but if it is i will answer the ?
    1 changed to nh as thought its more of a mainstream tractor and the deal was good at the time. well thats what i thought
    2 had a bit of trouble but nothing compared to the nh and got a lot more poke in the valtras
    3 never lost a lot money on the valtras most likey to do with prices rises strong pound ect the most lost was 10k but we had it 5 years put 6500h on it loader tractor
    4 never said any thing about the dealers price i was shocked on how much the nh add lost and why

just wondered how you lot had got on px nhs as i have never delt with them before .and seeing if the secondhand market had come to a stand still
    by the look of it thats what the bloody things worth unless any body out there thinks it worth more

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Noo View Post
    The last NH we had bought new (TM150) cost 32k kept it for an age ran up over 8,000hrs, p/x`ed for a 6090 they offered me 14.5k for it which I thought was pretty good, it was a basic spec RC, mech spools and would have needed tyres.
    see that adds up £2.25 a hour done thats were i think it should be mine comes in at £7.65 a hour so in my mind should keep her longer

The loader probably doesn't do it any favours. Its value is probably almost totally lost on that size tractor. Maybe.
    © The Duck 2015

Quote Originally Posted by valtrarule View Post
    are these tractor really this bad just had quote pricing it at 30k paid 58k 2.5 years ago done 3000 hours never in my life have i lost so much on a tractor . the avg on the ones swapped in the last 10 years as been 4k look like i will have to keep this bag of crap longer

i will never have new holland on the farm again rant over

how do you lot find them
    what do you think it is worth? Don't forget you have the ability to ring round "the trade" yourself, indeed sell it yourself? There are many reasons why dealers don't retail tractors,

1 Cash Flow.... The small profit they may make will be tied up in the trade in until it is sold, assuming they don't take another trade in against that and so on and so on

2. Warranty....have you not read any of the other discussions on this forum of how farmer A brought a used tractor from dealer B 7 years ago, the light bulb has gone and farmer A now is screaming for Warranty, don't have to stand by a tractor in the Ukraine.

3. New Tractors have retail finance and a full warranty, if used are priced too close to new they will never sell, any tractor in a dealers yard more than 6 months will get a stigma. Similar with very low hour tractors.

4 Adding a loader will instantly devalue the tractor by far more than the cost of the added value of the attachment.

5. I have yet to meet the client who's trade in is not "Mint" or "the best you have ever seen!" Normally means it needs cutting up.

be interesting to see what other Brands offer you.
    p

Your Valtra that you paid £31,500 for and sold for £29,500 for was probably not worth £29,500. How was the deal worded, List price, invoiced price less used Valtra price, balance to pay. With all these figures you can begin to get an idea what sort of a deal you got. If you wanted £29,500 for your tractor, I could give you that for it, as long as you tell me before I discount the new tractor!! Also, what did your Valtra appear on your books at when you accepted £29,500 for it? If it was not considerably less than £29,500 you should change your accountant. When we had a large dealer in this area selling Valtra they held a respectable used price. Now they are no longer handling Valtra and a much smaller dealer is looking after them the used value has taken quite a hit. This is nothing to do with whether the product is good, bad or indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by devils advocate View Post
    Your Valtra that you paid £31,500 for and sold for £29,500 for was probably not worth £29,500. How was the deal worded, List price, invoiced price less used Valtra price, balance to pay. With all these figures you can begin to get an idea what sort of a deal you got. If you wanted £29,500 for your tractor, I could give you that for it, as long as you tell me before I discount the new tractor!! Also, what did your Valtra appear on your books at when you accepted £29,500 for it? If it was not considerably less than £29,500 you should change your accountant. When we had a large dealer in this area selling Valtra they held a respectable used price. Now they are no longer handling Valtra and a much smaller dealer is looking after them the used value has taken quite a hit. This is nothing to do with whether the product is good, bad or indifferent.
    they sold the valtra for 30,500
    as said above i usaly ring round trying to buy a tractor that i am trying to px to give me base price

Quote Originally Posted by Tractorstant View Post
    what do you think it is worth? Don't forget you have the ability to ring round "the trade" yourself, indeed sell it yourself? There are many reasons why dealers don't retail tractors,

1 Cash Flow.... The small profit they may make will be tied up in the trade in until it is sold, assuming they don't take another trade in against that and so on and so on

2. Warranty....have you not read any of the other discussions on this forum of how farmer A brought a used tractor from dealer B 7 years ago, the light bulb has gone and farmer A now is screaming for Warranty, don't have to stand by a tractor in the Ukraine.

3. New Tractors have retail finance and a full warranty, if used are priced too close to new they will never sell, any tractor in a dealers yard more than 6 months will get a stigma. Similar with very low hour tractors.

4 Adding a loader will instantly devalue the tractor by far more than the cost of the added value of the attachment.

5. I have yet to meet the client who's trade in is not "Mint" or "the best you have ever seen!" Normally means it needs cutting up.

be interesting to see what other Brands offer you.
    p
    not saying its worth more just shocked how little it is worth

Quote Originally Posted by devils advocate View Post
    Bang on DA. Over trading eventually comes back to bite you on the derrière. The trade in value is irrelevant on the deal but important when writing down for Tax purposes - it's the balance to change that matters. A dealer that offers you, like in the above example,has only jacked up the new price to compensate. You just have to look at the grossly over inflated used prices of a particular combine and forager harvester manufacturer as a prime example.

FS