Thread: Royal Cornwall Show

Question Royal Cornwall Show

After opinions as to whether the Cornwall show is do-able in one single day? Also out of the three days, is there a preference for which are the better days to visit?

TIA

Re: Royal Cornwall Show

Being my local show and showing cattle there it is a great show, Yes it is do able in a day, depends what your interested in, Thursday is judging day for main livestock classes with Friday being interbreed classes and parade of livestock in the main ring. Thursday and Friday are farmers days with Saturday being mainly family days.

It be an early start from yours Pete, our guvnor went last year and stayed down there the night before, good show by all accounts, knocks B+W and devon county into a cocked hat,,
    Big Vern..... Stay low Move faster

Quote Originally Posted by Bullring View Post
    Being my local show and showing cattle there it is a great show, Yes it is do able in a day, depends what your interested in, Thursday is judging day for main livestock classes with Friday being interbreed classes and parade of livestock in the main ring. Thursday and Friday are farmers days with Saturday being mainly family days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Vern View Post
    It be an early start from yours Pete, our guvnor went last year and stayed down there the night before, good show by all accounts, knocks B+W and devon county into a cocked hat,,
    Should of said, planning to saunter down and do at least one overnighter, perhaps more- doing two would allow a really good long day to do everything at no rush and less hassle doing the down & up?

Did Devon 2 years ago which after the likes of our local- the townie royal berkshire show made things like chalk & cheese

Is there anything else in Cornwall worth doing around the 2nd half of September? Might be doing a week with daughter, hubby & twins then too!

[

Is there anything else in Cornwall worth doing around the 2nd half of September? Might be doing a week with daughter, hubby & twins then too![/QUOTE]

Ff - I've sent you a PM (I think).

JV

If you are after somewhere to stay I've been here a couple of times and its great. Not far from the showground and great hospitality.

http://www.tolraggottfarm.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by john maddock View Post
    [

Is there anything else in Cornwall worth doing around the 2nd half of September? Might be doing a week with daughter, hubby & twins then too!
    Ff - I've sent you a PM (I think).

JV[/QUOTE]

Hi John,

Sorry for not replying but yes I have got it, will reply asap!!

Rgds

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by mf7480 View Post
    If you are after somewhere to stay I've been here a couple of times and its great. Not far from the showground and great hospitality.

http://www.tolraggottfarm.co.uk/
    Thanks for that. Stayed at farm cottage place in Chapel Amble last year, near 70% of the village is rented out apparently!

Personally I would recommend 2 sensible days if there is plenty there that you want to look at as it doesn't take much to loose an hour here and there like most shows, as I go every year and still manage to do at least 2 days up there, if you only do the one I would personally recommend the Friday, as Thursday is normally busy with farmers and school groups, Friday a bit quieter and then Saturday is manic with kids everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by agrotron150.7 View Post
    Personally I would recommend 2 sensible days if there is plenty there that you want to look at as it doesn't take much to loose an hour here and there like most shows, as I go every year and still manage to do at least 2 days up there, if you only do the one I would personally recommend the Friday, as Thursday is normally busy with farmers and school groups, Friday a bit quieter and then Saturday is manic with kids everywhere
    Agree, can be done in a day but there is a really good mix of things to see. If staying locally to the show, I would suggest getting there a reasonable amount of time before the show opens. If you can spare two days it might help to become an annual member for the year. Parking close to the main entrance and use of the members pavilion etc. for not much more than two days tickets. You can also enter the show earlierTicket & Show Dates

4, 5 & 6 June 2015

Opening times
    Gates open for ticket holders at 7.00 am
    Show Opens to the public at 8.30 am
    Trade stands and exhibits close from 6.30 pm

The one area you must visit is the 'Cornwall Food and Farming Pavilion' this area has a good selection of Cornish food and drink producers and is superb.

http://royalcornwallshow.org/
    Membership

There are many privileges of membership - and anyone can apply to join. You don't have to live in Cornwall!
    Privileges include:

• Free admission to the annual Royal Cornwall Show, on all three days
    • Forward car parking
    • Reduced price livestock and equine entries
    • Use of the Members' Lounge, Bar, Dining Areas & Cloakrooms during the show
    • Right to attend and vote at all general meetings
    • Taking part in election of Councillors of the Association
    • Free subscription to the Royal Cornwall magazine

And, of course, your membership supports Cornwall's premier annual event and the promotion of agriculture in the county.

Membership fees

Annual subscription, per person 40.00
    Life Membership, per person 825.00
    Children of Members - if under the age of 16
    - if 16 years and over
    The above prices include VAT @ 20%

Just wondering if the marquees are still standing after those high winds yesterday!! Bet there was a few flapping pvc panels up there on that high showground?? and maybe the recent rain hasn't helped traffic on the grass sites?

Well, it was all there waiting, their FB page did mention that the high winds had managed to leave most things where they were meant to be!

Spent 5 hrs on the first day and a full long day yesterday doing all that we wanted to see with just a little bit of drizzle yesterday but the brisk winds soon sorted things out in typical Cornwall fashion. Like the Devon show, the Cornwall show has a lot for the agricultural sector although it is a tad more up hill and down dale than Devon so a bit more tiring on the legs.

Managed to polish off a couple of "proper cornish" pasties and kept trying to keep the dairy boys going down here by consuming vast quantities of Kellys Ice Cream which wasn't hard as they had that many vans about the site that it was impossible to go anywhere without at least one being within sight

Didn't do a 3rd day today, went to look at Lanhydrock near Bodmin, looked around the magnificent house and was in awe at the Victorian powered kitchen and the Library with its fine long plastered ceiling. Had some Ice cream there too, but Callestick isn't a patch on Kellys !!