Thread: Demo time

Demo time

Looking at replacing the current weedeater. This arrived today 35'cut. Pretty quite in the cab. Not sure if we are up for tracks or not.

Bit dry here- according to the bit of straw its 10-12"+ deep!

Yellow version due soon and a another shade of red due the beginning of next week

Re: Demo time

Get the red one, mechanically simple reasonable price and reliable. Also easier to look after with your own workshop footy!

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    Looking at replacing the current weedeater. This arrived today 35'cut. Pretty quite in the cab. Not sure if we are up for tracks or not.

Bit dry here- according to the bit of straw its 10-12"+ deep!

Yellow version due soon and a another shade of red due the beginning of next week
    got many acres left to eat up there Pete ??? No wheat cut here at ours yet it not fit ,, a neighbour is going for it. It's at 19% !!! Can't understand it myself,, it's not as though its getting late ???
    Big Vern..... Stay low Move faster

Quote Originally Posted by Uwork4menow View Post
    Get the red one, mechanically simple reasonable price and reliable. Also easier to look after with your own workshop footy!

Gearbox end has a tad of a plumbing nightmare though

Quote Originally Posted by Big Vern View Post
    got many acres left to eat up there Pete ??? No wheat cut here at ours yet it not fit ,, a neighbour is going for it. It's at 19% !!! Can't understand it myself,, it's not as though its getting late ???

First block of wheat was ready around the workshop farm, straight into a grain store there too. Having the Case for a fair bit of yesterday meant that the 65ft swipe of both combines and the ability to fire it straight into the shed soon cleared several fields. Did a bit more with our CR today and then rained off so moved it to Greenham Common where there is both rape and wheat thats come together, will be poor yield being on gravel and along the shores of the Enborne but we only contract it- Thenit will be back to base for the rest of the wheat and some spring barley.

Should have a MF Delta demo early next week and then a NH CR bigger than our current 9080 Elevation so there is a good chance things may progress rapidly depending on the weather.

I'd guess-timate we are at about 1/4 done - 400ac-ish Crops on the chalk, spuds included have thrown in the towel but elsewhere like yesterdays block on london clay held on a fair bit considering how dry its been here-

Took a few more snaps when they were blowing off the Case prior to it heading towards Andover. It has full hydro rotor drive so it has 3 gears and is like a vario in each. Also possible to reverse the whole machine drive if needed in a block-up. Tracks are not the latest "suspended" type which is supposed to be a better ride. A bit of the plumbing around the pump gearbox is "complicated spaghetti", otherwise it is a pretty clean design drive wise. Has a chain on the unload augers and one on the header auger and only 4 Vee belts mainly on the engine apparently

Ah but anything is better than the giant rubber belt driving that drum!

Vern, you aren't the only ones waiting, all my wheat is fit but not yet dry enough!

Demo No2 today albeit briefly. Our dealers NH CR9.80 35ft cut arrived mid afternoon. Cutting wheat at 14%. It basically has the same header as the Case and cab but the rest is all much the same as our old CR9080 but updated a lot.

Must remember to mute the mobile when filming..................

Demo No2 today albeit briefly. Our dealers NH CR9.80 35ft cut arrived mid afternoon. Cutting wheat at 14%. It basically has the same header as the Case and cab but the rest is all much the same as our old CR9080 but updated a lot.

Must remember to mute the mobile when filming..................

FF if that machine was to come around here we would need the header to flex in 3 bits!

Had the case on demo last year with 10m cutter bar, thought it to be a bit plastic and we couldn`t get a long with it, it was on tracks and one hell of a rough ride compared to our claas. Had a green and yellow one on demo and loved it so have bought one to replace claas 600

Quote Originally Posted by Ulscots View Post
    FF if that machine was to come around here we would need the header to flex in 3 bits!
    Yes it is a bit wide! Here we are geared up for 30' so I think that part of the decision process is sorted otherwise there would have to yet more alterations to gaps, gates and fields.

Quote Originally Posted by robbo12 View Post
    Had the case on demo last year with 10m cutter bar, thought it to be a bit plastic and we couldn`t get a long with it, it was on tracks and one hell of a rough ride compared to our claas. Had a green and yellow one on demo and loved it so have bought one to replace claas 600
    This years case had similar tracks to the 2013 one we tried, the dealer had hoped to get one on the newer "floating" tracks with the extra roller and bits but it didn't pan out.

2013's case had the same/similar header to our CR, this years case & NH demo machines had the same headers in different colours that are 1tonne heavier- you can see where they have strengthened weak areas of the old HC-varifeed design- bigger auger diameter, HD wobble box, stronger varifeed/front bed and a better tensioner for the auger that withstands it being reversed!

Not convinced about going to tracks although no firm decision until we see how we get to the bottom line of the quotes

have you thought about dark green , the local service is second to none. Our local CASEIH dealer isnt up to combines very well , if going red go to READING , great salesman up at L W. IN MY OPION.

Quote Originally Posted by db1410x4 View Post
    have you thought about dark green , the local service is second to none. Our local CASEIH dealer isnt up to combines very well , if going red go to READING , great salesman up at L W. IN MY OPION.
    Not that many green & yellow ones around here TBH, trouble is that they are further away than those we are trying and to make matters worse they don't do a delivery van, even insisted their red handler parts had to come direct to them, then either we collect or carrier to us!.............next order came direct here without even touching the next supplier I had by then found

Giuseppe's red demonstrator will be here next week we are assured.................

Re: Demo time-AKA Red Combine, Yellow Combine, Red Combine.....................!

Giuseppe's red demonstrator will be here next week we are assured.................

Bit longer than a week, but luckily there has been an improvement in the weather so we were able to get back harvesting again today.

AGCO's demo hillsider Delta 9380 AL arrived and once off the low-loader it yesterday it had a service it was due as the weather started to bring the moisture down, today the wind really picked up and although still requiring an appointment with the dryer at 17% we were away

Here we are, with the A339 trunk road behind me (and where last years National Ploughing Competition was) The view is looking towards Reading (spot the white wind turbine next to the M4!), Down at the end of the aptly named "long Hedge" field can be seen the grain bins and overhead conveyor of manor farm (about 3/4 mile)

Well the case was a single rotary, the NH was their conventional twin rotor (like our current machine) and the MF is a hybrid! Came to the conclusion that it looks a small machine because unlike the other two we have tested the side panels seem pretty flat to the chassis and frame. Tank lids could of done with being shorter? It has the 7 cylinder sisu engine which must be mounted the other way round to the other brand so the exhaust manifold and turbo are towards the rear- always seem be really hot and a source of several smouldering smoke signals on the last few NH's. The deltas turbo being out towards the rear seems to be a better idea than hemmed in behind the grain tank

Shot a video too, again with the smart phone so quality isn't as good as a the handicam

\

So what will be the most important aspects of the demo's FF? Do any of the machines stand out as head and shoulders above the others yet?
    Stay in Northamptonshire - meadowviewcottages.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by foxbox View Post
    So what will be the most important aspects of the demo's FF? Do any of the machines stand out as head and shoulders above the others yet?

Usual constraints:- will it do what we expect of it, will it have the backup from both dealer and manufacturer, reliability, price to change to name a few. Having had them in the field causes as many questions as it gave answers so later on will require a bit of chewing over things between our operator for his views, mine on how they look re servicing, repairing and the dealers spares/service departments, finally our MD on all of it plus the financial side of things.

The Case we had demoed 2 years ago so thats a bit familar, the NH brand we have had in one form or another here since the late 70's, but the one we hadn't really considered before this year has been the surprise in that it ticks a lot of the required boxes.

The one big question is do you go back to conventional, stick with a rotary and hope we have more dryer years than we have had in the 8 seasons we have had the CR or would a Hybrid be a solution? One thing I think is already decided is that we will be sticking at 30ft.

Deed is done.......

Gone for a CR9.80 30ft after much deliberation. The Case was a bit bigger machine hence it struggled when it got down to pricing. Impressed with the Massey but in the end Zedglem ticked the most boxes.

Thanks to all those who demoed and quoted.

Good luck, the firm suppling you dont have the best reputation for service. My choice would have been the massey, even though im a caseih fan . But im not paying the bills

Nice, if you ever want a driver for a day or 2....

Quote Originally Posted by db1410x4 View Post
    Good luck, the firm suppling you dont have the best reputation for service. My choice would have been the massey, even though im a caseih fan . But im not paying the bills
    TBH I'm not sure which depot it will be "coming from", historically I've always dealt with East Illsley and have had a good relationship with their workshop manager there so I'm hoping it will be from there. I only really deal with Micheldever really for JCB parts/parts in general. I find they are much better to deal with than our JCB maindealer who may consider us a minor customer in the scale of things?

Quote Originally Posted by grassmanman View Post
    Nice, if you ever want a driver for a day or 2....

Part-timer eh?