Thread: Which oil for backend of a Ford 6600 Year 1976

Which oil for backend of a Ford 6600 Year 1976

I think it's about time i changed the backend oil in this Ford 6600. The tractor has 4200 hrs, have it 15 years and came from a farm in Baldock. It's in realy good condition and I want to keep it that way. Anyway phoned my local New Holland dealer today and he said you can use the New Holland Ambra Multi G oil but I thought anything pre the 40 series was New Holland Ambra Multi F. His comment was that the G was a higher spec oil and would be ok. Whats your views and anyone know the quantity required for the change.

Re: Which oil for backend of a Ford 6600 Year 1976

Bump!

Quote Originally Posted by scoopey View Post
    I think it's about time i changed the backend oil in this Ford 6600. The tractor has 4200 hrs, have it 15 years and came from a farm in Baldock. It's in realy good condition and I want to keep it that way. Anyway phoned my local New Holland dealer today and he said you can use the New Holland Ambra Multi G oil but I thought anything pre the 40 series was New Holland Ambra Multi F. His comment was that the G was a higher spec oil and would be ok. Whats your views and anyone know the quantity required for the change.
    Look here for your capacity- http://www.whatoildoineed.com/ click the tractor symbol and then work down through the options- though you will need to select "New Holland inc Ford" as Ford isn't listed in it own right.

This would be their equivalent to stripey/multi G http://www.morrislubricants.co.uk/pr...ssion-oil.html

pretty sure either is okay could also use a universal oil