Thread: Acoura Assurance.

Acoura Assurance.

Anyone having problems with this outfit based in Edinburgh? Seem to have a real bunch of twats on farm doing pig inspection...had two of them this week running pillion. After more than 20 years of an excellent compliance record and several hundred thousand pigs passing through my sheds in that time, these two clowns dreamt up no less than eleven non compliances to be corrected and photographic evidence required. Daft stuff like a feeder lid forgotten to be closed...action point, close the lid and take a photograph. One dead pig not covered...put a cover on dead pig and take a photograph.
    I have probably said it before but the whole scam is petty, pedantic and a pain in the arse.

Re: Acoura Assurance.

Its unreal some of the shite they come out with especially as they couldn`t do the job themselves
    our best ever comment on the sheet was Pig in court off colour = observe
    apparently you are supposed to say "very sorry it wont happen again" and not make comments about the inspectors parentage
    I miss the routine of the pigs though

Re: Acoura Assurance.

I think QMS really do have to address a lot of issues with how they are treating the industry. Aside from the economics of feeding pigs at the moment the big problem is finding and keeping stockpersons. With the low calibre of individuals QMS are putting on farm to enforce their Scheme Standards stockpersons are made to feel patronised and demoralised... their passion and dedication to the livestock is simply not recognised and they move on. But it will take major changes and heads to roll at all levels to sort the mess out and I can't see the beleaguered pig sector able to have any say in its future.