Thread: I don't understand

I don't understand

Forgive me, I'm from elsewhere & don't understand the following from the Farmers Guardian news:

Farmer Alexander Wilson has been fined 1000 and his company R & A Wilson has been fined 1,650 for discharging slurry and silage effluent into water at Selkirk Sherriff Court on Tuesday (15 August).

Was the court in flood or something like it at the time the effluent was discharged into it?

JV

Re: I don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by john maddock View Post
    Forgive me, I'm from elsewhere & don't understand the following from the Farmers Guardian news:

Farmer Alexander Wilson has been fined 1000 and his company R & A Wilson has been fined 1,650 for discharging slurry and silage effluent into water at Selkirk Sherriff Court on Tuesday (15 August).

Was the court in flood or something like it at the time the effluent was discharged into it?

JV
    I wasn't great at English at school but even I had a grasp of basic punctuation.

http://1.1.1.1/bmi/i.amz.mshcdn.com/...44_7018004.jpg

Re: I don't understand

Perhaps they wanted them to discharge the slurry and silage effluent directly into the Selkirk Sherriff Court rather than into water?