Thread: Jcb 530 crab steer problem

Jcb 530 crab steer problem

Hi I'm looking at a farmers 530 were the steering will only turn on the front and rear wheels are a bit out of align the 3 position switch does nothing but on dash all 3 positions are eliminated all the time I have checked fuse and relay but I see a box by the fuses that says jcb steer mode control unit could this be at fault?

Re: Jcb 530 crab steer problem

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1971 View Post
    Hi I'm looking at a farmers 530 were the steering will only turn on the front and rear wheels are a bit out of align the 3 position switch does nothing but on dash all 3 positions are eliminated all the time I have checked fuse and relay but I see a box by the fuses that says jcb steer mode control unit could this be at fault?
    check the fuses again, all the lights will come on if the steering fuse blows.

Hello Ace is there more than 1 fuse for the steering as I can get lights to go out if I pull a certain fuse or if I pull one of the blue relays out? If I disconnect the control unit and test power I get some wires with 12v but then connect box and power on them wires drop right down to about 1.3v the box has got a crack in the casing also.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1971 View Post
    Hello Ace is there more than 1 fuse for the steering as I can get lights to go out if I pull a certain fuse or if I pull one of the blue relays out? If I disconnect the control unit and test power I get some wires with 12v but then connect box and power on them wires drop right down to about 1.3v the box has got a crack in the casing also.
    no idea dont do much with JCB, i'm in to manitous and they have a far simipler steering system.