Thread: Matbro ts 290 hi-torque overheating

Matbro ts 290 hi-torque overheating

Hi!
    My telehandler Matbro ts 290 overheating transsmission oil, I installed new oil cooler because old has leak; new thermostat; pressure on the oil cooler is nearby 0bar on low engine rpm, on maximum engine rpm pressure is 4 bar, parking brake works correct; oil on the dipstick are ok, I changed oil recently ( Fuchs Titan 10W TO-4) any suggestions?

Re: Matbro ts 290 hi-torque overheating

Quote Originally Posted by Vroobel View Post
    Hi!
    My telehandler Matbro ts 290 overheating transsmission oil, I installed new oil cooler because old has leak; new thermostat; pressure on the oil cooler is nearby 0bar on low engine rpm, on maximum engine rpm pressure is 4 bar, parking brake works correct; oil on the dipstick are ok, I changed oil recently ( Fuchs Titan 10W TO-4) any suggestions?
    Clean the radiator out and test the clutch pack pressures, if clutches are low and slipping that will overheat the oil although you should be getting poor drive IMO.

I cleaned radiator with compressed air too; pressure on the instrument cluster is 170 psi , I don't have problem with drive, when I have engaged gear the drive shaft from TC is not rotating, the clutch packs aren't slipping. I think about install separate oil cooler in front of engine radiator, Is it a good idea?

I cleaned radiator with compressed air too; pressure on the instrument cluster is 170 psi , I don't have problem with drive, when I have engaged gear the drive shaft from TC is not rotating, the clutch packs aren't slipping. I think about install separate oil cooler in front of engine radiator, Is it a good idea?
    It does not need a separate cooler, you have a fault on the machine. another cooler wont fix that. or you are simply using too high a gear for the task in hand.

I think, maybe the problem is in low flow oil through oil cooler, the hoses on the radiator are soft and they on the corners are flat, the temperature of engine cooling system are 78-80 deegres, when the transsmision has overheating. I will try to replace the hoses.

I think, maybe the problem is in low flow oil through oil cooler, the hoses on the radiator are soft and they on the corners are flat, the temperature of engine cooling system are 78-80 degrees, when the transmission has overheating. I will try to replace the hoses.
    Are the radiator and oil cooler cores clear? If the hoses are old and already folding a bit then its possible if one or more cores are restricting flow for the water pump to start cavitating where its sucking a negative pressure and it could start to pull the hoses in. Also check for hose de-lamination - ie the layers of rubber come apart and a hose could block flow

Cat 950B oil cooler core!
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

I resolved problem with transmission overheating in my matbro telehandler, the main problem was two bad signal from temperature sender and switch. By a pyrometer i checked a temperature and when the oil in real had a 50 deegres, on the instrument cluster the oil had 100 deegres. I replace temperature switch and sender. Thanks for replies.