Thread: Terex 250 Wiring Problem

Terex 250 Wiring Problem

Hi, I seem to have a wiring issue with a Terex 250. There is power going constantly to the plug on the hydraulic bank on the front of the machine. I tried changing the joystick (using one from another teleporter), but this didn't make any difference. When the kill switch for the tilt (at the back of the joystick) is off, there is still power running to it. Any ideas where to look as the possible cause?

The muddy edge of the biggest puddle in the uk

Re: Terex 250 Wiring Problem

If your machine uses the same bank slices (danfoss) as a small matbro there will always be power to the bank. There is a permanent 12v feed and a neutral . The direction or lack of movement is taken from the signal wire which varies between 3v to 9v full speed one way to the other with 6 volts being no movement. Some of the old matbro 250ís had a different brand of bank by apitech but I havenít worked on them. Any chance of pictures of your spool banks so we know what you have fitted. I think you are more likely to have a closed centre swash plate pump rather than a gear pump etc.

Quote Originally Posted by T P View Post
    If your machine uses the same bank slices (danfoss) as a small matbro there will always be power to the bank. There is a permanent 12v feed and a neutral . The direction or lack of movement is taken from the signal wire which varies between 3v to 9v full speed one way to the other with 6 volts being no movement. Some of the old matbro 250ís had a different brand of bank by apitech but I havenít worked on them. Any chance of pictures of your spool banks so we know what you have fitted. I think you are more likely to have a closed centre swash plate pump rather than a gear pump etc.
    Thanks for that information TP. After further investigation, when we swapped the plug for lifting with the tilt plug, we found that the solenoid on the tilt bank slice seemed to be faulty, so hopefully that will resolve the issue. It is a danfoss bank.

Quote Originally Posted by T P View Post
    Thats not quite right Trevor!

The lift and tilt do have a 12 volt feed BUT it isn't supposed to be permanent, there is a micro switch in the centre of the sticks, so when you move the stick off centre in any direction it sends the 12volt feed to both lift and tilt solenoids. Its not uncommon for that mirco switch to fail though and send power all the time, This will in time overheat the solenoids and they catch fire! which is probably the number 1 cause of burnt out matbros!

Problem is the machines work fine and operator dont know that mirco switch has failed sending power all the time, so the first think many know about it is the machines on fire.

Otherwise your right 3 to 9 volts on the signal wire with 6 volts being neutral and then a earth wire.