Thread: Manitou 523T Series 1

Manitou 523T Series 1

I have owned a 1998 523T for 10 years that I'm in the process of servicing for the first time as I cannot get anyone to come out to do it. I've almost completed it with just a couple of questions to get it finished.

The two brake reservoirs with yellow screw caps under the front inspection hatch appear dry. They have a nipple at the bottom of each. Is that a large grease nipple or a large bleed nipple?

Where is the fill plug located for the front brake immersed axel. I just cannot find it?

Thanks

Re: Manitou 523T Series 1

Quote Originally Posted by bazly View Post
    I have owned a 1998 523T for 10 years that I'm in the process of servicing for the first time as I cannot get anyone to come out to do it. I've almost completed it with just a couple of questions to get it finished.

The two brake reservoirs with yellow screw caps under the front inspection hatch appear dry. They have a nipple at the bottom of each. Is that a large grease nipple or a large bleed nipple?

Where is the fill plug located for the front brake immersed axel. I just cannot find it?

Thanks
    The brake fluid pot is in the cab under the dash, use LHM mineral fluid only. That nipple is just a bleed nipple for brakes, unless the brakes need attention just leave them alone, they are a pain in the arse on that model.