Thread: Terex T200/T25 or Matbro TR200/250 Transmission oil leak

Terex T200/T25 or Matbro TR200/250 Transmission oil leak

Hi,

I have a Terex T200 with an oil leaking from the transmission output shafts oil seals. I can remove the drive shafts but it is not clear how to remove the flanges from the output shafts of the transmission. They appear to be press fitted over the shaft but I dont have a manual to check if there is some other mechanism holding the shafts in place.

Does anyone know how to remove these flanges / shafts so that the oil seals can be replaced

Regards

Re: Terex T200/T25 or Matbro TR200/250 Transmission oil leak

Quote Originally Posted by tommurphy73 View Post
    Hi,

I have a Terex T200 with an oil leaking from the transmission output shafts oil seals. I can remove the drive shafts but it is not clear how to remove the flanges from the output shafts of the transmission. They appear to be press fitted over the shaft but I dont have a manual to check if there is some other mechanism holding the shafts in place.

Does anyone know how to remove these flanges / shafts so that the oil seals can be replaced

Regards
    You seem a bit confused about what model you have!

T200 has a stake nut in the centre. There is a torque setting for this nut, BUT i think/sure it has a collapsible spacer in the gearbox to set the preload on the bearings? Be careful retightening it, you may crush it too much and the bearings will be too tight!

T250 will have a big external circlip then you use 2 big pry bars and pull the yoke, seal housing and the bearing out in one. Once out remove Circlip on the back of the shaft, knock the bearing off and replace seal and oring.
    There is a knack to refitting them with out chewing up the oring in the external circlip grove.

if its a later T250 then could have 3 bolts in the centre of the yoke.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies so far.

The machine is a Terex 250. Initially I thought that the 200 has the same transmission but I was not correct in this assumption.

I had a further look at the shafts and I cannot see any external circlip holding in the seal housing or bearing. From what I can see, both the front and back sides of the transmission look the same except for the brake disk. It appears that the Yoke / drive shaft flange are press fitted on to the shaft with no obvious way of removing them.

Does anyone have an photos or other documentation showing where there external circlip is located and maybe how to dis-assemble the transmission.

Regards
    Tom

Hi,

Thanks for the replies so far.

The machine is a Terex 250. Initially I thought that the 200 has the same transmission but I was not correct in this assumption.

I had a further look at the shafts and I cannot see any external circlip holding in the seal housing or bearing. From what I can see, both the front and back sides of the transmission look the same except for the brake disk. It appears that the Yoke / drive shaft flange are press fitted on to the shaft with no obvious way of removing them.

Does anyone have an photos or other documentation showing where there external circlip is located and maybe how to dis-assemble the transmission.

Regards
    Tom
    Look closer there is a big circlip behind the yokes, but i did get it wrong slightly its actually an internal circlip not a external one.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Look closer there is a big circlip behind the yokes, but i did get it wrong slightly its actually an internal circlip not a external one.
    Finally got back to the machine to have a closer look. Thank you Ace for all your help. It was exactly as you described. Removed the big circlip, Put a pry bar behind the yoke and levered the shaft, bearing housing and seal out. Changed the seal and everything went back together without too much difficulty.

However while in there doing the job, it looks like the top input shaft seal is also leaking. It is difficult to see but is removing this shaft the same as for the two bottom seals? Also it looks like the cab may have to be removed to get access to do this job. Is this necessary or is there an easier way?

Thanks again for all the help

Regards

Finally got back to the machine to have a closer look. Thank you Ace for all your help. It was exactly as you described. Removed the big circlip, Put a pry bar behind the yoke and levered the shaft, bearing housing and seal out. Changed the seal and everything went back together without too much difficulty.

However while in there doing the job, it looks like the top input shaft seal is also leaking. It is difficult to see but is removing this shaft the same as for the two bottom seals? Also it looks like the cab may have to be removed to get access to do this job. Is this necessary or is there an easier way?

Thanks again for all the help

Regards
    Top yoke is the same as the bottom ones, you will have to tip the cab over a bit one way or the other to get in there, take exhaust off or you will knacker it, watch out for the handbrake cable and plastic mud guard on opposite ide to where you lift or it will hit the cab step and or the rear tank.

I jack them up on the left hand side / near side normally.