Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Weidemann electronic issue

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    4

    Weidemann electronic issue

    Hope someone can help! Weidemann T5522, starts on the button but wont move, showing machine control unit light warning (not engine ecu). Does work sometimes, but had it in with dealer last year who changed some 47 pin connectors, was ok but now playing up again. Checked all visible connectors, but still not able to move. Any ideas welcome!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NB Canada
    Posts
    754

    Re: Weidemann electronic issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer 059 View Post
    Hope someone can help! Weidemann T5522, starts on the button but wont move, showing machine control unit light warning (not engine ecu). Does work sometimes, but had it in with dealer last year who changed some 47 pin connectors, was ok but now playing up again. Checked all visible connectors, but still not able to move. Any ideas welcome!
    When it was in last year, was it for a similar problem?

    I don't know about the Weidemann, but I have seen a vast difference in styles of connectors (even on the same machine) - some connectors are not much better than twisting wires together while some connectors are almost submersible. it may be advisable to go through the connectors you can find, spray them with electrical cleaner, then canned air (computer shop), then inspect them, and finally spray them with an electrical connection lube.

    a bit of time, not a lot of expense but you should be able to rule out a connection issue

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    4

    Re: Weidemann electronic issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
    When it was in last year, was it for a similar problem?

    I don't know about the Weidemann, but I have seen a vast difference in styles of connectors (even on the same machine) - some connectors are not much better than twisting wires together while some connectors are almost submersible. it may be advisable to go through the connectors you can find, spray them with electrical cleaner, then canned air (computer shop), then inspect them, and finally spray them with an electrical connection lube.

    a bit of time, not a lot of expense but you should be able to rule out a connection issue
    Thanks for that - it was the same issue. There is an upgrade to bring some connectors into the cab and that was fitted last year. I have already checked all visible connectors and cleaned them up as you suggest. I feel its more control unit, but wanted to see if anyone else had had similar issues.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Footsfitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hants
    Posts
    2,812

    Re: Weidemann electronic issue

    Like Ironhead, a Weidemann is outside of my experience, but with something like this, hunt out all the earth connections especially between chassis & cab, powertrain & chassis particularly if there are rubber mountings isolating items and also allowing them to chafe looms/wiring
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    4

    Re: Weidemann electronic issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    Like Ironhead, a Weidemann is outside of my experience, but with something like this, hunt out all the earth connections especially between chassis & cab, powertrain & chassis particularly if there are rubber mountings isolating items and also allowing them to chafe looms/wiring
    Thanks, will double check all I can find - deeply frustrating issue as I cant even move the machine!

  6. #6
    Senior Member Footsfitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hants
    Posts
    2,812

    Re: Weidemann electronic issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer 059 View Post
    Thanks, will double check all I can find - deeply frustrating issue as I cant even move the machine!
    safety switches on handbrake and seat?
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    1,139

    Re: Weidemann electronic issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    safety switches on handbrake and seat?
    And beware a trap for young (and old!) players: my JD ride-on has a seat switch which has twin contacts. I forget the detail of how it works, but simply jumpering it with a length of wire does not bypass the switch. Something along the lines of one set of contacts being normally open, and another set which is normally closed - I *think*. Both have to operate to allow the engine to start.

    JV
    Last edited by john maddock; 28-04-21 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Clarity
    Agtronix - the home of the Weedswiper

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    4

    Re: Weidemann electronic issue

    Quote Originally Posted by john maddock View Post
    And beware a trap for young (and old!) players: my JD ride-on has a seat switch which has twin contacts. I forget the detail of how it works, but simply jumpering it with a length of wire does not bypass the switch. Something along the lines of one set of contacts being normally open, and another set which is normally closed - I *think*. Both have to operate to allow the engine to start.

    JV
    Thanks both, have tested the seat switch and it appears ok, also handbrake switch. Have managed to locate a genuine plant electrical specialist who hopes to come out soon. Biggest frustration is “fitters” at local agent, rather than proper diagnostic work that should have sorted this 100% first time.

    Any other ideas welcome and will report progress!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •