Thread: Manitou 627 mlt 2007 bypass all safety protocols?

Manitou 627 mlt 2007 bypass all safety protocols?

Hi so today mani starts its annual nonsence of not going into gear and at the worst possible time and place. Anyway for 2-3 years had the seat bypass hack in place then for about the last year had a wire bridgeing the red and white wire under the steering colum (in first main plug) if its not bridged it just sits and alarm squeels not moving into gear.

So took about 45 mins to move it 15 feet into my yard wiggling wires turning it on off and all the usual stuff to get it going. Is the a 1 fuse or wire or something to bypass all this stuff. The machine only used by me so noone else uses it regarding saftey.

Many thanks.

Re: Manitou 627 mlt 2007 bypass all safety protocols?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Skip Hire View Post
    Hi so today mani starts its annual nonsence of not going into gear and at the worst possible time and place. Anyway for 2-3 years had the seat bypass hack in place then for about the last year had a wire bridgeing the red and white wire under the steering colum (in first main plug) if its not bridged it just sits and alarm squeels not moving into gear.

So took about 45 mins to move it 15 feet into my yard wiggling wires turning it on off and all the usual stuff to get it going. Is the a 1 fuse or wire or something to bypass all this stuff. The machine only used by me so noone else uses it regarding saftey.

Many thanks.
    bypass the seat switch fine, the pads are crap and they set fire sometimes anyway!

transmission fuse is F8 i think but you pull that out it wont go any where.

its possibly the hand brake switch, there is 2 switches in side the handbrake, one turns the light on the dash the other disconnects the drive.
    you can test that by jointing the pins on the plug, pins 1 and 2 are a pair and 3 and 4 are a pair, just short them together, one set will put the light on the dash the other engages the drive. ( if its faulty buy a new hand brake switch do not leave it bypassed you will drive off and cook the brakes in axle)

look at the wiring up the gearstick to the button, them wires break and you loose drive, they are also teed in to the dump button on the joystick so look at them too.

the dump system all goes to a relay module which on that one i think is bolted next to or near the brake fluid pot and has the beeper in the module too.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    bypass the seat switch fine, the pads are crap and they set fire sometimes anyway!

transmission fuse is F8 i think but you pull that out it wont go any where.

its possibly the hand brake switch, there is 2 switches in side the handbrake, one turns the light on the dash the other disconnects the drive.
    you can test that by jointing the pins on the plug, pins 1 and 2 are a pair and 3 and 4 are a pair, just short them together, one set will put the light on the dash the other engages the drive. ( if its faulty buy a new hand brake switch do not leave it bypassed you will drive off and cook the brakes in axle)

look at the wiring up the gearstick to the button, them wires break and you loose drive, they are also teed in to the dump button on the joystick so look at them too.

the dump system all goes to a relay module which on that one i think is bolted next to or near the brake fluid pot and has the beeper in the module too.
    Thanks Ace for getting back to me. Today i removed the plastic cover where the brake fluid pot and module is located. The module was making a crackley/electric shorting sound so when i tapped it while machine in forward gear it would engage and disengage is this likely to be the source of problem? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Skip Hire View Post
    Thanks Ace for getting back to me. Today i removed the plastic cover where the brake fluid pot and module is located. The module was making a crackley/electric shorting sound so when i tapped it while machine in forward gear it would engage and disengage is this likely to be the source of problem? Thanks
    Sounds like it might be yes, think the last one i bought was around 40??? but you might want the pins and plug for it too if thats iffy, manitou do sell that but its on a special PDF file that details all the loom plugs for machines, the parts man will not find it using the machine serial number and the normal parts book.

A good parts man will know that PDF exists and how to use it