Thread: iPads & cameras.

iPads & cameras.

I know this is probably being posted on the wrong forum but thought I would ask anyway.

I am fed up of having to climb ladders just to look into gutters to see if they need cleaning out. I have a Mini iPad4 and thought that if I could attach a small wifi camera, obviously with it's own power, onto the end of a piece of lathe and then run the camera along the gutter while looking at my iPad I could get a good idea of what's going on up there.

Does anyone have any experience of doing anything like this ? I know I can attach my 'phone to the lathe and take a video but I obviously can't see if I've got the 'phone in the right angle/place when using it.

TIA for any thoughts/advice or suggestions for a more suitable forum to ask the question on.

Re: iPads & cameras.

Most of the small action cameras you can view live feed through an app which would work on ipad or phone, the exact range would vary but ought to be at least 30ft or so (are they bluetooth based not sure)
    You can get cheap chinese copies from 50 or less, if you might use it elsewhere - and they are quite fun as well as sometimes useful - maybe get one a bit better e.g. DJI osmo action is about 200 where discounted and a better buy than overrated gopro.

The problem will be very wide angle making things look small though if you recorded and viewed on a computer screen it would be better.
    It sounds like overkill just to check gutters without climbing up.
    I suppose a small drone such as Mavic mini would work too again a bit pricey unless you fancied one anyway.

Re: iPads & cameras.

Thank you 4WD, all very interesting. I will investigate along those lines.